in Ocean City
The Ocean City Art League has changed the way art will be displayed and the courses they offer.
While classes to learn things like drawing, painting, and oral poetry are currently taught in the Art League, they are not taught in the Art League.
The courses have been put online and for those missing Ocean City, this is a way to connect with the area through a local organization. For those who are getting a little crazy, they can do something with the extra time. The arts are a great way to help overcome emotions, so it’s a great escape for those who need it too.
Classes for children started on Friday April 10 with a free first class. Classes are offered through Zoom. May 1st is the next class. The subject will be tin foil sculptures taught by Lindsey Winters. The class is limited to 12 students. The cost is $ 15 for members and $ 19 for non-members. 7 years and over.
- On the FB page of Art League of Ocean City – DIY Projects for Kids. The most recent was an explanatory video on wind chimes. It’s a great free option and parents and kids can do it at their own pace.
- On the Art League of Ocean City’s FB page – Monday Storytime – A community member reads a children’s story at 10 a.m. on the Art League’s Facebook page which comes with a related art project!
- The Art League is organizing an art exhibition for young people. The registration deadline is April 27. The theme is Manga & Anime. The exhibition will take place from May 1 to May 31.
Here are the rules:
– Open to primary, college, high school and college students. * Elementary students will be eligible for an honorable mention but not for cash prizes. *
– All media accepted (hand drawn, computer generated, crafts, etc.).
– Artwork must have been created within the past year and never entered an Art League of Ocean City performance.
– Fan art acceptable but not eligible for grand prizes.
– Artworks will be included at the discretion of the Exhibition Committee and displayed on the Art League of Ocean City website and social media
media during the month of May. Entries are also invited to be exhibited at the City of OC’s ‘Art X’ Arts and Music Festival on August 22-23, 2020.
Please send jpegs to Gallery Director Katie Brown at [email protected] with the following
information: name, age, year, school, title of the work and medium.
$ 500 in CASH PRIZES!
Awarded on the basis of creativity, originality and artistic merit in each division. Plus the grand prizes, if they are deserved, in the
categories: Best of Show, Best 3D Submission, Best Animation and Best Original Composition. Judge: Brad Hudson.O
The Art League recently had its first online juryed exhibition. The show runs until April 30. The upcoming online exhibit will feature their group ‘Farm to Table’ and the Manga and Anime Youth Show. All entries will be released on May 1.
For a list of upcoming adult online courses The Arts League Facebook page has a full schedule.
An upcoming free course is the April 30 Lunch & Learn with John Mosher, Orem and Harriet Robinson member of the Art League for Contemporary Art and Community Engagement. Have lunch, head to your computer, phone, or tablet, and listen. This is a Zoom event. Click here for more details.
The Art League has also launched a community art installation to show its support for our healthcare workers. Click here for more information and to participate.